Alcester Town's Umit Eminoglu handed 182-day ban from football
ALCESTER Town midfielder Umit Eminoglu has been banned from all football until June by the Birmingham County FA.
Eminoglu was left facing a potential two-year suspension after he was sent off in the 2-0 defeat to Coton Green on 13th November for throwing mud at the match referee.
The 27-year-old, who spent his youth career at Aston Villa, contested the charge and found out on Monday (17th December) he would only be serving the minimum term of 182 days.
The decision means Eminolgu is banned from playing all forms of football up to 5th June. The suspension's start date, listed on the Birmingham County FA website, was on 6th December.
Romans boss Matt Seeley told the Herald: “Losing Umit is a humongous blow. He’s played professional football in the past and he’s miles too good for the level he’s playing at.
“We were very lucky to have him here at Alcester Town. It must be said, though, that it had been a really tough week for Umit in the lead up to the Coton game.
“He was having family issues, had lost his job and then found out before the Coton Green game that one of his good friends had died in a car crash in Stratford that Saturday.
“His mind was all over the place, but he wanted to play to try and take his mind off everything. What happened was totally out of character. He rarely gets booked let alone sent off. We will miss him massively.”
The Romans are back in Midland League Division Two action this Saturday when they entertain high-flying Knowle (2pm kick-off).