Home   Sport   Article

Subscribe Now

Four-goal Hartin runs Rugby ragged

Harry Hartin.
Harry Hartin.

HARRY Hartin hit four as Stratford Town Youth strolled to a 5-0 victory over MFYL Premier Division South basement side Rugby Town Youth at the MoodChimp Stadium on Tuesday evening, writes Bryan Hale.

Struggling Rugby had only picked up one point all season in the league and it was soon clear that they weren’t going to improve on that sorry record as Town raced into a two-goal lead in the opening quarter-of-an-hour.

Hartin started it all off in only the fifth minute as he latched on to a long ball from Jamie Ford to skip round the Rugby keeper and slot the ball into the net from a narrow angle.

Almost immediately after the keeper saved at point blank range from George Dawson before Town went two up in the 15th minute.

The keeper’s busy night continued as he did well to push a Hartin effort round the post but from the subsequent corner Town skipper Ben Couki was unchallenged as he volleyed in from the edge of the six-yard box.

For the rest of the first half it was one way traffic and a series of outstanding saves prevented Town extending their lead still further as on target efforts from James Pomeroy, Hartin and George Kirby were kept out with Kirby having another shot cleared off the line before slicing the rebound wide.

And the keeper started the second half with another brave block from Kirby before being beaten by Hartin’s glancing header on 49 minutes which put Town three up.

Five minutes later Hartin completed his hat-trick when Kirby’s fiercely-struck free-kick was parried by the keeper only for Hartin to pounce on the loose ball and fire it into the net.

Although to their credit Rugby never gave up, Town continued to be in total control but only added one more goal when Hartin made it four for himself and five for Town in the 84th minute with a stunning strike from wide on the right.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More