Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Stratford College students evacuated after fire

A FIRE alarm led to the evacuation of around ten students at Oak House Stratford College on Sunday morning.

Three appliances from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service responded to the fire alarm around 9am and found smoke in the corridor with fire believed to be an apartment. The fire was a result of a pan being left on a cooker. No one was injured in the fire, and 10 students were evacuated from the building within five minutes of the alarm sounding.

It took firefighters around 45 minutes to reset the alarm and clear the smoke from the second floor apartment at Oak House.

Oak & Willows House Student Accommodation is located off the Alcester Road, Stratford.

A spokesperson for Sanctuary Students who owns the student accommodation said: “The alarm was activated due to smoke from a saucepan that was left unattended after being used for cooking in one of the flats. No-one was injured as a result of this minor incident and as the saucepan did not catch fire, the flat itself was not damaged.”

Warwickshire Fire and Rescue
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More