Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Fenny Compton business evacuated after fire

Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service

A BUSINESS was evacuated in Fenny Compton after a fire broke out on Monday (yesterday).

Firefighters with the Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service received two 999 calls at 4.45pm reporting a factory fire at Powerdeck Mezzanine Floors on Wharf Road in Fenny Compton. Two fire engines, one from Southam and one from Gaydon, responded and contained the fire by 5.20pm.

No one was injured.

The fire occurred in a welding workshop, which left the whole building smoke damaged and 10 per cent of the single-storey building affected by fire. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

A spokesperson from the business, issued the following statement: “We can confirm that yesterday afternoon there was a small fire within our factory premises caused by a faulty Transformer. All staff members were evacuated from the building whilst the fire was dealt with speedily and efficiently by the fire service. No noticeable damage was caused to the fabric of the building and Powerdeck were operational within an hour of the fire starting. Powerdeck would like to thank the Fire service for their speedy response to this incident.”

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More