A BUS painted in the Stratford Blue livery is back on routes around the town.
The idea of reintroducing the specially-painted bus came out of last year’s 90th anniversary since the company began running public services in the town.
Stratford Blue started operations as Stratford-upon-Avon Motor services on 1st April, 1927, using a blue Chevrolet LM with Allen body, 14-seater front entrance bus.
The service linked the town with Shottery and Alveston.
The company grew over the years, developing services to the likes of Redditch and Chipping Norton, as well as many other locations.
It ran for 44 years and nine months, ending its operation on 31st December, 1970.
The following day it was absorbed into Midland Red, whose successor today is known as Stagecoach Midlands.
Stagecoach has painted their Scania Enviro 400 15675 in traditional Stratford Blue livery, which will also wear a special plaque in recognition of the Omnibus Society’s Midland branch’s own 70th anniversary.
Geoff Lusher, director and Midland branch chairman of The Omnibus Society, said: “We thank Stagecoach for reminding us all of the Stratford Blue livery of yesteryear, and for promoting interest in the society by naming their bus to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the branch.
Steve Burd, managing director of Stagecoach Midlands, added: “We are pleased to honour the history of Stratford Blue, and to mark our special relationship with the Midland branch of the Omnibus Society by painting our bus in this special livery.
“We look forward to seeing it in service on all our routes radiating from Stratford upon Avon and hope that it evokes many happy memories for local people, as well as encouraging an interest in transport in younger generations.”