The father of Rachael Martin, who tragically died while saving her young daughter’s life, has spoken exclusively to the Herald.
William Simpson led the emotional tributes to Rachael, who was walking with her two daughters to The Willows School when the accident happened on Friday.
Also in the paper. . .
- The campaign against a new relief road for Stratford has stepped up a gear with the formation of a residents’ action group.
- A46 lorry driver is jailed after falling asleep at the wheel causing serious injuries to several people.
- The deadline for the Big Wheel consultation has been extended.
- Sea Scouts are left high and dry after cruel thieves steal half their boats.
- Photos from the weekend’s Alcester Food Festival.
- Fundraising campaign to send a Stratford teenager with cancer for specialist therapy in Florida.
- Meet the new mayors appointed across the district.
- In Arts: we interview actors Martin Kemp and Mark Williams during their visit for filming Father brown at Upton House.
- We preview performances by Edinburgh Fringe Festival acts coming to the ArtsHouse in Stratford.
- Plus, of course, there’s all the latest results and news from the world of south Warwickshire sport, including an interview with Stratford AC’s star athlete Andrew Pozzi following his Loughborough International success on Sunday.
- There are also two chances to win a Champagne dinner for two at The Kitchen in Farnborough AND – perfect for half term next week – an exclusive voucher entitling free admission to Shakespeare’s Schoolroom (when another is purchased.)All this – and much more – for just 65p.
Pick up your copy now.