A FIRE in an industrial commercial drier nearly started a major blaze at a laundry in Mickleton on Saturday.
A total of 21 firefighters were called to a processing building for Twenty12 dry cleaning in Stratford Road after a member of the public saw flames inside the building around 4.30pm.
Pete Phipps, General Manager of Twenty12 who are based at the Rosebird Centre in Stratford, said: “There was extensive damage to the machinery and the interior of the building. It is obviously going to have a big impact on our processing.”
Firefighters believe the fire started when some lint behind the drum caught alight.
Mr Phipps, who said all five of the large driers in the building would probably have to be replaced, confirmed that the machines were cleaned daily.
Crews came from Stratford, Shipston-on-Stour, Chipping Campden, and Stow-on-the-Wold to tackle the blaze.
A spokesperson for Gloucestershire Fire and Resuce Service said: “On arrival crews found a fire in an industrial drier with flames coming from the front of building. Due to the quick action of the crews a major fire was prevented.”
The fire was put out within an hour.
He has even chosen to set up his office well away from any kind of police building—for the time being in a county-...
Now that a scheme to develop up to 800 homes on the site has been given official government backing, the proposals are e...
STRATFORD-on-Avon District is an attractive place to live and its population has grown rapidly over recent decades. &nb...