The Royal Shakespeare Company have reaffirmed their position "respecting people's right to protest peacefully" on their stages after another protest against BP's sponsorship of the World Shakespeare Festival took place last night.
BP have also told the Herald today: "We have no objection to peaceful protests to what the RSC are putting on."
This response came after Jess Worth, one of the campaigners of the Reclaim Shakespeare Company who have put on the protests this week, was asked if they were planning any more protests against the oil company's sponsorship. She said: "Yes, but I am obviously not going to say when."
A spokesman for the RSC said: "A further peaceful protest by two people about BP's sponsorship of the World Shakespeare Festival took place on stage in Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday evening before the press performance of Twelfth Night."
It was the second time in three days the stage of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre had been invaded. The protesters asked audience members to rip out the BP logo from their programmes.
Reaffirming his position made earlier on in the week, RSC Artistic Director Michael Boyd said: "We respect people's right to protest peacefully.
"However, where there is any threat to the safety of RSC staff, actors, audiences or, indeed, protesters, we will take appropriate action.
"We have an incident management plan in place, drawn up with the help of the police. It is regularly reviewed and covers events of this sort."
Protesters from the Reclaim Shakespeare Company invade the stage on Wednesday night
The overall figure of £170,000 in expenses also needs unpacking. Most people think of business expenses as person...
Although the government u-turned on their decision to ignore VC winners born abroad in September, there were concerns th...
They say there is an “appalling lack of information” handed out to users by energy suppliers, and three quar...