Kitchen fire leads to temporary closure of Croft School

0
3399

A KITCHEN fire last night, Monday, has led to the temporary closure of The Croft Preparatory School in Stratford.

 Warwickshire Fire Service responded to an alert of a kitchen fire at Croft School, Alveston, at 8.50pm on Monday. No children were inside the school and no staff were harmed.

Two fire appliances were mobilised, one each from Stratford and Wellesbourne. Crews discovered fire in the kitchen area of the school involving a tumble dryer and used hose reels, breathing apparatus and thermal image camera to extinguish fire. They were at the scene for 90 minutes.

The school is closed today, (Tuesday 12th June), but plans to reopen again tomorrow, Wednesday.

The school released the following statement: “There was a fire at The Croft Preparatory School late last night on Monday 11 June. Warwickshire Fire Service contained and extinguished the fire in the kitchen area.

The school was closed today and parents have been notified that The Croft is open tomorrow, Wednesday.

The Croft is extremely grateful to Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service for their professional help.”