Herald shortlisted for national award for second year running

0
1170

THE Stratford-upon-Avon Herald has been shortlisted for a national industry award, in the Weekly Newspaper of the Year category.

The shortlist has been announced by newsawards 2018 and comes on the back of last year’s success when the paper was Highly Commended in the same category.

They are the only awards that celebrate the best in news media print, digital and business innovation.

The Herald has been shortlisted from more than 40 entries in the category, along with six other weekly newspapers: Cambridge Independent (last year’s winner); Ham & High, The Isle of Man Examiner; New Milton Advertiser & Lymington Times and The Lynn News.

Stratford-upon-Avon Herald managing director and owner, Richard Boyden toasts last year’s success.
Gary Cullum, chairman of the judges and editor and publisher of news industry publication PJ, said: “Those on the shortlist showed real breadth and quality – and prove that people still like to pick up a printed newspaper and sink themselves into what’s happening locally.
“The Herald fully deserves its place on the shortlist. In a category dominated by tabloids and compacts, this broadsheet stands out for its superb print quality and design, and impressive local content.”

Editor Amanda Chalmers said: “We are thrilled and extremely proud that the Herald has been shortlisted for the award of Weekly Newspaper of the Year for the second year running, an accolade that is only bestowed on the finest weekly publications in the country.

”Win or lose, this family-owned independent newspaper is continuing to punch above its weight and is a constant and reliable tour de force within its community. I very much look forward to hearing the judges’ feedback in a few weeks’ time.”

All the winners will be announced at a black tie gala dinner, on Wednesday, 18th April, at the London Lancaster Hotel.

Watch this space for the results of the awards on Thursday, 19th April.