SATURDAY, 10th June
- Street Fayre on Church Street, Wellesbourne: A children’s parade at 12.30pm, over 40 stalls, a food court, street entertainment, a prize draw, displays in the church and a short Songs of Praise service, a chocolate tombola, and activities for all ages, it promises to be an afternoon packed with fun, theme is nursery rhymes and fairy tales, proceeds will go towards outdoor play equipment in the village, Church Street and Hoppers Lane will be closed for the event, call Anne Prior on 01789 842103
- Sounds of Summer Concert at Stratford Methodist Church, Old Town, Stratford: The Circle Singers of Royal Leamington Spa with The Heart of England Recorder Orchestra play music for recorder and voice, 70pm, tickets £10, children free.
- Craft in Action at Mill Dene Garden in Blockley: Demonstrations, pottery, country crafts, gifts for sale, light refreshments, 12noon to 4pm, entry £3, by kind permission of Wendy Dare.
- Heart of England Woodturning Club’s Open Day at the Scout Hut, Main Road, Tiddington: 10am, all welcome.
- Churchyard Open Day at St James’ Church, Alveston: Activities from 8am, including moth and small mammal traps, mini beast hunt, face painting, wildflower species survey, children’s craft activities, and teddy bears picnic from 12noon.
- Classic and Vintage Commercial Show at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon: Over 300 classic and vintage lorries will go on display, including Transit vans to eight-wheelers, auto jumble, indoor model show, event also marks the 50th year of Warwick-based Volvo Trucks in the UK, see www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk
- Free Blood Pressure Awareness Event at the United Reformed Church, Rother Street, Stratford: Have your blood pressure taken by professionals, 12noon to 3pm, no appointment necessary, organised by the Rotary Club of Stratford.
SUNDAY, 11th June
- Luddington Village Fête at The Meadow: 12.30pm to 4pm, entry free.
- Snitterfield Village Fête, Sports field, Wolverton Road, Snitterfield: 12noon to 4pm, DeLorean car on display, dog show, live music, barbecue and bar, teas, stalls, games and much more, see www.snitterfieldfete.com
- Wellesbourne Wanderers Football Club Community Fun Day at Loxley Close, Wellesbourne: 2.30pm to 7pm, family event with games, a disco, a bouncy castle, bar, barbecue and refreshments, see www.wellesbournewanderersfc.co.uk
MONDAY, 12th June
- Bridgetown WI Meeting at St Peter’s Mission, Manor Road, Stratford: 7.30pm, Sara Southgate will talk on Kitchen Garden Herbalist, visitors welcome, call Barbara Abrey on 01789 266027.
TUESDAY, 13th June
- Quiz Night at Aston Cantlow Club: 7pm for 7.30pm start, £3 per person, light refreshments, bar, raffle, profits to Great Alne Cricket Club for equipping their new pavilion, all welcome, call Linda on 01789 763980.
WEDNESDAY, 14th June
- Soundbites Free Recital at Holy Trinity Church, Stratford: William O’Brien, baritone, music starts at 1pm, refreshments from 12.30pm, entry free. n Alcester and District Local History Society Meeting at St Benedict’s Sixth Form Centre, Kinwarton Road, Alcester: Christine Cluley presents The History of Compton Verney, 8pm, £3 for visitors; £1.50 for members.
E-mail details of your event to email@example.com