In 1426, St Peter’s chapel and the clock tower were built above the archway and since then the chapel has predominantly been used by schools.

After King’s High School terminated their lease in 2009, Warwick residents Bob and Sarah Newman bought the property at auction for £215,000.

They fully renovated the building under the watchful gaze of English Heritage.

The couple have been letting it out as a holiday home, but have “reluctantly” been forced to put it up for sale due to ill health.

One of the bedrooms inside the flat.

One of the bedrooms inside the flat.

The living room.

The living room.

The view from the East Gate flat.

The view from the Eastgate flat.